Weekend Grooms Required
We are seeking to employ additional, hardworking and enthusiastic individuals to work within our state-of-the-art equine hospital based in Liphook, Hampshire. You will be responsible for providing first class care for horses, ponies and donkeys. Applicants must have a proven record of excellent horse handling, horse care and top-class stable management, plus experience of working in a professional yard. We require reliable, conscientious, self-motivated applicants with extremely high standards. Nursing skills are not required.
Hours are from 7am until 1pm, both Saturday’s and Sunday’s.
Please apply in writing to Amy Britcher – Yard Manager enclosing your CV and the names of at least two referees by post to Liphook Equine Hospital, Forest Mere, Liphook, GU30 7JG or by email to email@example.com.
Liphook Equine Hospital offers 18 month positions for recently qualified veterinary graduates that we call ‘housevets’. The housevet programme stands out as an exceptional experience compared with many internship programmes as it offers:
- A clearly defined role within an approachable team of experienced equine clinicians
- An opportunity to work with the largest team of RCVS/European equine medicine and surgery specialists in the UK
- An opportunity to work with a large team of skilled nurses
- An opportunity to develop and expand the skills learned in your first year(s) in practice in a supportive hospital setting
- Hands-on involvement in a wide range of medical and surgical procedures
- Responsibility for client contact and liaison from admission to discharge
- Active participation in lameness investigations – it is part of the housevet’s job to perform nerve blocks and joint blocks not watch someone else doing it!
- Responsibility for general anaesthesia of our diverse surgical caseload with support from ECVAA specialists.
- On site accommodation in a well-equipped flat whilst on call and local village accommodation provided for housevets when not on call.
The comprehensive and practical experience obtained during the housevet programme prepares young vets for a future career in any field of equine veterinary work.