Part Time/Weekend Grooms Required
We are seeking to employ additional, hardworking and enthusiastic individuals to work within our state-of-the-art equine hospital based in Liphook, Hampshire. You will be responsible for providing first class care for horses, ponies and donkeys. Applicants must have a proven record of excellent horse handling, horse care and top-class stable management, plus experience of working in a professional yard. We require reliable, conscientious, self-motivated applicants with extremely high standards. Nursing skills are not required.
We require regular weekend help and are also interested in hearing from candidates who are willing to work part time or flexible hours on an occasional or seasonal basis.
Please apply in writing to Amy Britcher – Yard Manager enclosing your CV and the names of at least two referees by post to Liphook Equine Hospital, Forest Mere, Liphook, GU30 7JG or by email to email@example.com
Due to the continued success and development of our equine veterinary laboratory, we are seeking an additional laboratory technician to support the current team in the daily analysis of blood, faecal and cytological specimens. We perform daily testing Monday-Saturday in haematology, biochemistry, microbiology, parasitology and serology.
This position is offered on a full or part time permanent contract (Monday-Friday) and includes working Saturdays on a rota basis.
The role is based in the laboratory at the Liphook Equine Hospital.
Yard Nurse Vacancy
We are looking for an enthusiastic person to join our yard nursing team based at our state- of-the-art specialist equine hospital in Liphook.
We are seeking a candidate with a proven record of excellent horse care and stable management, in a professional yard. We require a reliable, conscientious, self- motivated applicant. Nursing experience is desirable, although not essential, as full training will be provided. The position is full-time, working a variable shift pattern and the successful applicant will be required to work 1 in 3 weekends for which time off in lieu is afforded as well as covering night shifts.
The roles are based at the hospital in Liphook and due to the rural location access to your own transport is essential.
Please apply in writing to Amy Britcher – Yard Manager enclosing your CV and the names of at least two referees by post to Liphook Equine Hospital, Forest Mere, Liphook, GU30 7JG or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, by 30th November 2018.
Clinical Supplies Manager
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic hard, working and motivated Clinical Supplies Manager to work in our hospital pharmacy taking responsibility for the stocking and management of critical clinical supplies.
This is a full-time permanent position working 8.30 am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday.
We would be interested to hear from individuals with experience of running a veterinary pharmacy in a large veterinary practice and or from those with veterinary nursing experience.
Experience and knowledge of veterinary nursing ideally equine and use of associated veterinary drugs would be highly desirable as would a current SQP or willingness to study for the SQP qualification.
Areas of responsibility
- Keeping the hospital adequately supplied with the stock required to deal with all reasonable and foreseeable eventualities, whilst maintaining a realistic and financially responsible level of stock. By regular and consistent dealings with wholesalers and drug companies, and other ancillary sources when required.
- Ensuring that the ordering, storing, handling, disposal of and dispensing of pharmaceuticals complies with current legislation and practice SOP. Including but not restricted to the documentation required for schedule 2 drugs, temperature monitoring, and dispensing procedures.
- Maintaining a sufficient staff presence in the pharmacy to ensure that access is restricted to authorised personnel only, whilst preventing unnecessary delays.
- Keeping the pharmacy and all other store areas in a clean, tidy, and hygienic manner.
- Completing accurate, monthly stocktakes of the hospital supplies, including the ambulatory vehicles, and reviewing the data accordingly.
- Efficient and consistent rotation of stock to prevent unnecessary wastage and out of date drugs.
- As necessary performing any calculations, auditing, and monitoring required by the directors
- Communicating any changes in procedure and medication to relevant personnel.
- Regular monthly checks of the first aid kits located within the hospital
Alongside these specified responsibilities other less regular duties, as determined as relevant by the directors, may be required.
The position is based at our state-of-the-art equine hospital in Liphook, Hampshire and due to the rural location of the practice own transport is essential.
A highly competitive salary and package is offered.To apply please send a cv with covering letter stating current salary and including two referees FAO Carrie Goodbourn, by email to email@example.com by post to Liphook Equine Hospital, Forest Mere, Liphook, Hants, GU30 7JG by COP on 28/11/2018.