Part Time Temporary Grooms Required
We are seeking to employ additional, hardworking and enthusiastic individuals to work on a part time basis during our busy periods. The role is based within our state-of-the-art equine hospital based in Liphook, Hampshire. You will be responsible for providing first class care for horses, ponies and donkeys. Applicants must have a proven record of excellent horse handling, horse care and top class stable management, plus experience of working in a professional yard. We require reliable, conscientious, self-motivated applicants with extremely high standards. Nursing skills are not required.
We are ideally seeking part time candidates who are available to work mornings Monday to Friday and or occasional weekends.
Applicants must be 18 years of age or over and due to the rural location of the practice own transport is essential.
Please apply to the Yard Manager enclosing your CV and the names of at least two referees. Please include details of your notice period and current salary package plus the hours and days that you would be available to work.
Applications should be sent either by mail to Liphook Equine Hospital, Forest Mere, Liphook, GU30 7JG or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to a change in circumstances we are looking to recruit an Accounts Assistant. The role will be based within our small accounts team based at the Practice in Liphook, Hants. The main duties will involve operating the purchase ledger system, preparing month end accrual schedules and processing sales ledger invoices. The role will also involve an element of general accounts office administration such as assisting with the monthly statement run, entering job sheets, answering the telephone and an element of credit control.
The successful candidate will need to have good written and verbal communication skills, be computer literate with knowledge of MS Excel and be able to work within a team with excellent attention to detail. Experience of working in a commercial accounts environment is preferred and of dealing with clients is essential however a knowledge of horses is not necessary. We have a bespoke accounting package for which full training will be provided.
This position is offered on a full time contract (8.30 am to 5.30 pm Monday-Friday). You will be based at the Liphook Equine Hospital. Due to the rural location your own transport will be necessary. A competitive salary package is provided.
To apply please send a cv with covering letter stating current salary and including two referees to Carrie Goodbourn by email or by post to Liphook Equine Hospital, Forest Mere, Liphook, Hants, GU30 7JG.
Liphook Equine Hospital offers 18 month positions for recently qualified veterinary graduates that we call ‘housevets’. The housevet programme stands out as an exceptional experience compared with many internship programmes as it offers:
- A clearly defined role within an approachable team of experienced equine clinicians
- An opportunity to work with the largest team of RCVS/European equine medicine and surgery specialists in the UK
- An opportunity to work with a large team of skilled nurses
- An opportunity to develop and expand the skills learned in your first year(s) in practice in a supportive hospital setting
- Hands-on involvement in a wide range of medical and surgical procedures
- Responsibility for client contact and liaison from admission to discharge
- Active participation in lameness investigations – it is part of the housevet’s job to perform nerve blocks and joint blocks not watch someone else doing it!
- Responsibility for general anaesthesia of our diverse surgical caseload with support from ECVAA specialists.
- On site accommodation in a well-equipped flat whilst on call and local village accommodation provided for housevets when not on call.
The comprehensive and practical experience obtained during the housevet programme prepares young vets for a future career in any field of equine veterinary work.