Equine Surgeon Required
We are seeking to recruit an experienced Board Certified (or equivalent diploma holder) equine surgeon to expand our team of six ECVS specialist surgeons at The Liphook Equine Hospital. Applicants should have experience and enthusiasm for lameness investigations, particularly in sport horses, and be experienced in orthopaedic and soft tissue surgery. An interest and experience in advanced diagnostic imaging (MRI and CT) and or advanced dentistry would be an advantage.
A competitive remuneration package commensurate with experience will be offered.
For further details please call Tom Hughes MRCVS or Jane Boswell MRCVS on 0044 (0) 1428 727200. Applicants are requested to send a CV and covering letter of application, including details of two referees, to Mrs Carrie Goodbourn (business director) firstname.lastname@example.org.
Experienced Equine Vet Required
Due to expansion of our ambulatory team, we are looking to recruit a highly motivated and experienced equine ambulatory vet. A minimum of 5 years’ experience in equine practice is required. We have a diverse client base but with an increasing number of high level competition horses and stud clients. An interest and experience in sports horse medicine and/or reproduction would thus be desirable although not essential. Our ideal candidate will either have or aspire to achieve a post graduate qualification in their chosen field. Excellent client communications skills and ability to work as part of a team are vital.
We currently have a team of ten equine ambulatory vets (including 7 RCVS certificate holders) with the most up to date mobile equipment such as fully wireless DR radiography systems, digital ultrasonography, endoscopy, shockwave, power dental equipment etc. The ambulatory team has full back up of our tier 3 hospital which includes 9 RCVS specialists and full range of facilities such as Scintigraphy, CT and MRI.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to further develop their skills and advance their career. The practice offers an excellent working environment with a highly competitive package.
If you are interested in applying for the position please submit an application to Carrie Goodbourn, Business Director, Liphook Equine Hospital, Forest Mere, Liphook, Hants, GU30 7JG or by email email@example.com including your CV and a covering letter. For an informal discussion please call Carrie on 07917851129.
Liphook Equine Hospital offers 18 month positions for recently qualified veterinary graduates that we call ‘housevets’. The housevet programme stands out as an exceptional experience compared with many internship programmes as it offers:
- A clearly defined role within an approachable team of experienced equine clinicians
- An opportunity to work with the largest team of RCVS/European equine medicine and surgery specialists in the UK
- An opportunity to work with a large team of skilled nurses
- An opportunity to develop and expand the skills learned in your first year(s) in practice in a supportive hospital setting
- Hands-on involvement in a wide range of medical and surgical procedures
- Responsibility for client contact and liaison from admission to discharge
- Active participation in lameness investigations – it is part of the housevet’s job to perform nerve blocks and joint blocks not watch someone else doing it!
- Responsibility for general anaesthesia of our diverse surgical caseload with support from ECVAA specialists.
- On site accommodation in a well-equipped flat whilst on call and local village accommodation provided for housevets when not on call.
The comprehensive and practical experience obtained during the housevet programme prepares young vets for a future career in any field of equine veterinary work.