We are looking for 2 enthusiastic people to join our yard nursing team based at our state- of-the-art specialist equine hospital in Liphook. We have two full time positions to fill. One is a permanent contract, and the second is a fixed term contract of c 15 months to cover maternity leave, with the possibility of longer term employment thereafter.
We are seeking a candidate with a proven record of excellent horse care and stable management, in a professional yard. We require a reliable, conscientious, self- motivated applicant who is keen to learn nursing skills. Whilst no previous nursing skills are required, excellent standards and experience in horse handling and management are essential. Full training will be provided. Both vacancies are full time positions working a variable shift pattern and the successful applicants will be required to work 1 in 3 weekends for which time off in lieu is afforded as well as covering the occasional night shift. Shared accommodation can be provided, if required.
The roles are based at the hospital in Liphook and due to the rural location access to your own transport is essential.
Please apply in writing to Julian Clarke – Yard Manager enclosing your CV and the names of at least two referees by post to Liphook Equine Hospital, Forest Mere, Liphook, GU30 7JG or by email to Julian.email@example.com
We now have a reserve list for this evening, and so if you have booked a place(s) and are unable to attend, please let us know as soon as possible, by calling 01428 723594 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Liphook Equine Laboratory are proud to announce that we are the first and only laboratory internationally to offer a highly sensitive and specific qPCR designed to detect all recognised equine dermatophyte species (ringworm).
Apart from being more accurate, we also guarantee a result within 24 hours rather than the normal 2 weeks for a culture.
The diploma is the official way to qualify as a Veterinary Nurse registered with the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (RCVS).
WELL DONE JO!!!
We hope you and your horses have a happy and healthy holiday. However, should your horse need us we are open for emergencies 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. The out of hours emergency telephone number is 01428 723594
Liphook Equine Hospital offers 18 month positions for recently qualified veterinary graduates that we call ‘housevets’. The housevet programme stands out as an exceptional experience compared with many internship programmes:
- A clearly defined role within an approachable team of experienced equine clinicians
- An opportunity to work with the largest team of RCVS/European equine medicine and surgery specialists in the UK
- An opportunity to work with alargeteam of skilled nurses
- An opportunity to develop and expand the skills learned in your first year(s) in practice in a supportive hospital setting
- Hands-on involvement in a wide range of medical and surgical procedures
- Responsibility for client contact and liaison from admission to discharge
- Active participation in lameness investigations – it is part of the housevet’s job to perform nerve blocks and joint blocks not watch someone else doing it!
- Responsibility for general anaesthesia of our wide-ranging surgical caseload with support from ECVAA specialists.
- On site accommodation in a well-equipped flat whilst on call and local village accommodation provided for housevets when not on call.
The comprehensive and practical experience obtained during the housevet programme prepares young vets for a future career in any field of equine veterinary work.
An application form, including a CV and letter of intent, for housevet positions starting in Spring and Summer 2017 should be sent to Barbara Thornley at email@example.com. Closing date for applications 9th December 2016 and short-listed candidates will be invited for interview in early January.
Please click here for Information for Horse Owners on Atypical Myopathy – Autumn 2016