Liphook Equine Hospital offers 18 month positions for recently qualified veterinary graduates that we call ‘housevets’. The housevet programme stands out as an exceptional experience compared with many internship programmes:
- A clearly defined role within an approachable team of experienced equine clinicians
- An opportunity to work with the largest team of RCVS/European equine medicine and surgery specialists in the UK
- An opportunity to work with alargeteam of skilled nurses
- An opportunity to develop and expand the skills learned in your first year(s) in practice in a supportive hospital setting
- Hands-on involvement in a wide range of medical and surgical procedures
- Responsibility for client contact and liaison from admission to discharge
- Active participation in lameness investigations – it is part of the housevet’s job to perform nerve blocks and joint blocks not watch someone else doing it!
- Responsibility for general anaesthesia of our wide-ranging surgical caseload with support from ECVAA specialists.
- On site accommodation in a well-equipped flat whilst on call and local village accommodation provided for housevets when not on call.
The comprehensive and practical experience obtained during the housevet programme prepares young vets for a future career in any field of equine veterinary work.
An application form, including a CV and letter of intent, for housevet positions starting in Spring and Summer 2017 should be sent to Barbara Thornley at firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for applications 9th December 2016 and short-listed candidates will be invited for interview in early January.